CUSTOM FABRICATION TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
We fulfill custom membrane fabrication requests for a wide range of applications, including:
- High-resolution and environmental electron and x-ray microscopy
- Protein and nanoparticle separations
- Microfluidic cell culture
- Genomic and photonic biosensors
Submit an inquiry for custom services.
Send us a brief summary of your project’s requirements and we will respond quickly with an evaluation.
OVERVIEW OF CUSTOM CAPABILITIES
Silicon Wafer Specifications
- 100, 200, 300 micron thick; other thicknesses and CZ/FZ grown options
- 100 mm (4-inch) diameter
- 150 mm (6-inch) diameter
Custom mask design and mask printing
- Feature size resolution to 350 nanometers (line/space resolution)
- Minimum membrane window size typically ~5 microns
- Maximum membrane window size (based on film) up to 25 mm x 25 mm
Front-to-back alignment lithography
- Front-to-back tolerance +/-5 microns or better (+/-20 microns for 150mm)
- Pores down to 500 nm can be etched in suspended membranes
- Orientation or identification marks can be etched into suspended membrane or over support silicon to reduce interference with imaging
- Deposition of aluminum, palladium, gold, (50 to 200 nm thicknesses)
- Deposition of adhesive layer of titanium, chrome, etc..
- Features to less than 10 microns with alignment to membrane windows within +/-5 microns.
- Devices are typically separated from the supporting wafer and packaged in transparent gel-boxes for ease of handling and viewing.
- All devices are individually inspected under light microscopy
- Devices can also be designed with continuous films for spin coating that can be later dissected along scribe lines by the customer
OUR MOST POPULAR MEMBRANES
- Amorphous, Single Crystal or nanocrystalline
- Sputter deposited 5 to 50 nm thick
- Nanocrystalline films are nanoporous with tunable pore sizes from 5 to 75 mm
- Amorphous silicon dioxide
- GFLAT™ exclusive ultra flat oxide
- Thermal, Sputter or PECVD deposition
- Thicknesses from 20 to 4000 nm
- Amorphous silicon nitride
- LPCVD Low stress – tunable
- Thicknesses from 5 to 2000 nm
- Ultra flat suspended membranes